Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Zucchini Stuffing Muffins and Tasty Tuesday Link-up

I don't know about you, but I love a good stuffing. I rarely make stuffing, because well, it's really just bread and I can certainly eat enough of that without having to do the extra work or get the extra calories.
These little muffins are not really stuffing, but they taste just like it and will make you want to keep eating. The best part is they are primarily zucchini, so not only can you use the produce from your garden, but you can feel ok about eating the entire recipe...which I have not done...I share, like a nice mom and wife.
Yield: 24+ mini muffins, about 6 servings (or 1 really big one)
You'll need this stuff:
1 C shredded zucchini
1 small onion, diced
2 eggs (I realize only one is pictured, sorry)
1/2 C cheddar cheese
1/2 C Italian bread crumbs
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a min muffin tin and set aside.
Squeeze the excess moisture from zucchini. (use paper towels, a small strainer, or your bare hands)
Combine all the ingredients.
Pack the mixture into the muffin cups
Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from tins and enjoy.


This is a great recipe to let the kids help with. Zeke loved stirring the mixture and spooning it into the muffin tins.


This month, Tammy from Creative K Kids, Dina from My UN-Entitled Life, and I are running this party on our blogs!    

We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!   Here are  just a few requests for this linky:cohost for August
  • PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below.  They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post.  Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)**
Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Dina at My UN-Entitled Life  (Blog)** 
Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Anna at Family Living on a Budget (Blog)**
Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
  • Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
  • Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted.  Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
  • Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.

  • As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board.  Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!  
  • By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts  use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post.   Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
  • If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.

20 comments:

  1. These look delicious! My mouth is watering. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those look so good, I even think my daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just lover Tasty Tuesday! These look delish, going to pin for later! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    B
    www.naughteebits.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello cute lady! I love stopping by your fabulous party each week. Please come and party with us. We would be thrilled to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder! I stopped over and linked up!

      Delete
  5. I have to make these one day.. they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound really good. I LOVE zucchini and am always happy to find new ways to eat it. They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, tricky! Making kids eat veggie sin a desert! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, and SO clever. people talk about getting kids to eat veggies - I'm thinking of myself ;) Thanks for sharing, and I've added my eggplant dip recipe to your linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great link up. Love the recipe too. They look very tasty, my kids would prob love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious - and a great way to use up the in-season zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's probably been the past couple of years that I have opened up to zucchini, and this recipe looks interesting. Never baked it as a baked good before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this time of year. Seems very cool zucchini recipes are all over the place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stuffin' muffin recipe sounds great! I wish I had a recipe to link up...my cooking skills leave much to be desired. But I will check out some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zucchini works so well in sweet bread recipes. These look healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great and creative way to use up all that Summer zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love stuffing and zucchini! Win win for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always looking for ways to use zucchini. Growing up my parents always made zucchini muffins they were so good. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They say zucchinis are abundant in magnesium and protein so this is one healthy recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so good! Pinned. It is always a pleasure to have you be a part of our party! Please join us tonight at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...