Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium: a quick trip summer 2014

I grew up attending the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, so I may be biased, but I love it there. Our family currently has a membership, so we use it to attend multiple times a year. We typically avoid the summer months, because it gets so hot and crowded. However, last week's weather was too gorgeous not to go see the new giraffes.
 The new exhibit was packed! They have an area where you can actually feed the giraffes, we decided not to wait through that line since we can go back later.
 The Africa exhibit which houses the new giraffes, is also home to these lions. This was the first I've seen of their new habitat, and I was blown away by how close they were to one of the windows.
 The Africa exhibit was so crowded, we decided not to stay long and quickly made our way to the North American area. This bald eagle was practically posing for everyone.
 Next we made our way through Asia and stopped to check out the elephants. Zeke's first visit to the zoo was to see the baby elephant 5 years ago, so it holds special memories for us.
 It was Claire's first visit to the zoo and she spent the first couple hours snuggled in the Ergo.
 She woke up for lunch and spent the last little bit riding in the stroller. Doesn't she look happy?
 Zeke had a great time with the map. It's so neat to see him studying and learning new things.
 It wouldn't be a trip to the zoo for our kids, if we didn't stop by the aquarium, so we stopped there and to visit a couple other favorites, Komodo Dragon and Aldabra Tortoise, before returning home.

What are your favorite zoo animals?

12 comments:

  1. Peacocks. Snakes. All the baby animals. In the Philly zoo, everything in the bird atrium.

    We've been considering a zoo membership here in GA but it's so stinking hot so much of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the zoo! I can't wait to take my son for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Columbus Zoo is on our summer bucket list! But we may not make it until the 2nd week of October now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October is actually one of our favorite times to go. They have fun stuff for Halloween.

      Delete
  4. I have heard great things about the Columbus Zoo. We live in Canton so it's not that far of a drive for us.... thinking we are gonna have to make the trip. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved going to the zoo! It was one of my favorite trips to take as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Columbus Zoo is one of my favorites as well. Tho I love the Aquarium part the most! I just moved from right in Dublin, Oh to Va. I miss it, but then I don't. I do miss the Zoo! I'm def. going to miss Wildlights!! Thank you for sharing your pics, makes me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun trip and the kids look like they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you all had a great time!! LOVE the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy camper you have. Zoo is a beautiful place to visit with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a family season pass for the Cincinnati Zoo and we have been discussing taking a weekend trip and heading to the Columbus Zoo. I think you just sealed the deal for us and we will be checking it out. LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great day! it is so awesome that they have a new African exhibit! I have always wanted to see giraffes but it is even cooler than you get to feed them too!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...