Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Baby Food: Avocado Puree

I've really been dragging my feet on making Claire's baby food, so I thought I'd look back at some of my old posts for inspiration and I found this one with these adorable pictures of Wyatt.
 To make a nice smooth puree from avocado, it's important to get a nice ripe avocado. A ripe avocado is fairly soft yet still solid.
The easiest way to prepare an avocado is to cut it in half vertically and around the seed. Twist the two sides and pull apart. The seed will stay attached to one side. To remove the seed, tap it with a heavy knife (the knife should stick in) and twist.
Scoop out 1/2 avocado and place in food processor with 2oz (1/4 C) liquid -give or take depending on size of avocado- I used breast milk. Puree until smooth.


...
Be careful not to leave the bowl too close to our baby after snapping your picture, because when you turn away to set down your camera this might happen.

This post originally appeared on 2/27/13 @ oneincomefamilyliving.blogspot.com. I wrote, added to it, and transferred it here.

What's the quickest mess your kids have ever made?

10 comments:

  1. He is so cute!!! Kids are just so unpredictable, lol. I think it's great that you make your own baby food. I didn't with my daughter and wish that I did. If I ever have another little one I definitely will be though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable baby! i personally dont like avocado but yet we have a HUGE avocado tree in our yard lol! go figure huh

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly cute! It looks like he really liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!! Such a cute little guy. I also made all my own baby food for my oldest two daughters. With my third we did baby led weaning and plan to with the 4th. But I am always telling people if they choose to do baby food to make their own - so much cheaper and healthier too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable. I never thought about feeding my daughter avocado… I don’t know why but just never did. We are hoping to get pregnant with baby 2 sooner than later and I will keep this in the back of my memory bank for later use. Cute, cute, cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avocado is a very healthy for babies. I grew up eating it and now I seldom do, just a bit expensive here. It's so nice that you make your own baby food for your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little avocado loving baby & you used breast milk! How healthy!! He is gorgeous, I hope to see more Yummy recipes, and baby photos of Claire next!! We love Avocados here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a healthy food and great texture for baby food. It was a little hard to focus on the article since he is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Avocado is so often overlooked for baby food..what a great idea! And he is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shaving Cream fight was the quickest mess my daughters made! It was like a 5 second mess! SO fun though!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...