Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Creative Video Workshops on Creativebug #GetCreative

I was recently given the opportunity to review creativebug.com's creative video workshops. I was previously unfamiliar with the website, so I did a little bit of searching and found they have quite the assortment of videos, over 40 of which are free. They have a variety of categories including, but not limited to: sewing, paper, yarn, quilting, jewelry, and kid crafts.
The awesome thing about this site is that if you randomly decide you want to learn how to crochet or do some other project at midnight, you totally can. The instructors are very knowledgeable and easy to learn from. It's almost felt like they were right there in my house showing me how to do things, because they anticipated questions and showed things from the angles you need to see.
I had a great time exploring various videos. I learned a ton! It really got my creative juices flowing. I came up with so many other applications while I was watching the videos and now have a ton of projects I want to do.
Some classes I enjoyed, but haven't made anything from...yet:
I eventually had to stop exploring workshops, because my list was getting too long, but they have so many workshops on just about any crafty thing you could want. They even have sections for weddings and entertainment!

I did have the chance to make a project from Image Transfers. This is so cool and you probably have the supplies to try at least part of this in your home right now. It shows you how to do packing tape transfers, gel medium transfers, solvent based transfers, and acrylic paint transfers.
So, my kids discovered Pokemon this summer and Quinn adores Pikachu, she even wanted a Pikachu cake for her birthday. The morning after I watched this workshop, I thought, I'll make her a sturdy picture she can play with. Showing her the process was a bad idea, because she thought I was ruining the picture by putting it face down on the paint. I ended up drawing her another picture and when I finished the transfer later, she carried them both around for the longest time. She didn't even care that I didn't do a perfect job.

screenshot from Quilt Making 101: Patchwork

I've also started work on a quilt! I've wanted to make one for awhile now, but these workshops and this review gave me the motivation to pull out my sewing machine. They have several quilting workshops, but I looked at Quilt Making 101: Patchwork to get started. It will be awhile before I'm all finished, because I'm still collecting fabric and I may or may not have broken my sewing machine while working on the first block. To keep costs down as much as possible, I'm using old worn out clothing and fabric scraps for as much of the quilt as I can. Here's what I have done so far. The fabric is from a pair of shorts and a dress that  got holes in them.

Creativebug.com is offering a 14-day free trial to new users if you're interested. The cost is fairly reasonable it's $9.95 a month for unlimited access to their over 300 videos or you can buy individual classes. Click here for more information. If you're looking to give this as a gift, they have gift subscriptions too! Their best deal is a year long subscription for $50.

If you have any more questions, check out their FAQ page here.

What will you make today?

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

7 comments:

  1. I love a good tutorial! It's the only way for me to learn things is by video now days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to watch so many of these. But it's too bad I don't have any time to sit down for a good period of time right now. Let alone to sit down & make something. Once the kids go back to school though, I'll have to come back to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be a bad thing for me! I have so many unfinished crafts lying around my house... I always get grand ideas, and if i doesn't turn out just right, I cast it to the side, and it is forgotten forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so creative! I wish I could do something like that haha I love DIY projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound great! Very creative for people who love DIY :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always admire people who knows how to make a good quilt. I've tried then and did not work lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cool! I love watching video tutorials!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...