Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Salted Caramel Chocolate Nut Pie

I am currently obsessed with this pie! It's a good thing I made this for company or I probably would've eaten the whole thing myself!


To make this you'll need:
Don't forget the vanilla like I did in this picture.
For the salted caramel: (special thanks to Cookies and Cups for the easy recipe that inspired this pie.)
 Combine 1/4 C melted butter (salted), 1 C light brown sugar, and 1/2 C heavy whipping cream.
 Whisk until smooth.
 Microwave 2 minutes, stir, and microwave 2 minutes more. And be sure to ignore the quality of the pictures taken with my phone after I exhausted the battery on my camera
Whisk in 1/2 tsp each kosher salt and vanilla extract. Set aside.

For the crust:
 Crush 1 sleeve graham crackers into a powder.
 Mix the crushed graham crackers, 1/3 C sugar, and 6 T melted butter. Ah, that's better.
Form around the sides and bottom of the pie pan.

To assemble:
 Pour 3/4 C salted caramel into crust.
Top with 6 T chopped nuts.
Whisk together instant pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes.
Pour on top of nuts. (If you're using the bigger box as shown, you'll have extra, but the little box has just the right amount.)
Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Top pudding layer with cool whip. You can simply spread it on or get fancy. I used an icing bag with about 1/2 inch cut off the tip and pipped the large dots on the side then filled in the center.
Drizzle on some caramel.
Sprinkle remaining 2 T nuts.
Shave and add some chocolate on top.
Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!

Click here for a printer friendly version.

What's your favorite pie?

26 comments:

  1. I like Starbucks salted caramel mochas, but I don't know how that would translate to a dessert. I would have to try it to see if I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this looks good.I am surprised that you did not eat it.It is only 11am here and i am craving this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I could easily sit down and eat this entire thing in one sitting. It sounds delicious and I love how easy it is to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking pie!!
    I'd looooooooooove a big slice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord this looks amazing. I'm going to pin this and actually make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great. You did a good job with it, it's pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious pie. Why did I have to start my diet today LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious, and pretty easy to make. I'm going to "Pin" it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a delicious pie! We have pie once a week when we have dinner with my dad. This one would be perfect for next week...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pie looks so good. I would definitely be the hit of the party if I served this to my guests.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a really nice sweet treat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok this looks heavenly. I so want to try this! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this looks sinfully delicious must add to recipe box. I bet the family would devour this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this looks really delicious, I want to make it next time I have company.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks really good but I won't be able to eat it unless I take the nuts off due to allergies. Maybe I can substitute with granola.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that looks really good. I bet it tasted yummy

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's the way to share a recipe. Your steps are very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love salted caramel anything and this looks so tasty! I had to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, that pie looks amazingly delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Salted caramel sounds tasty itself. Add in those nuts and call it a pie. That's heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That really looks amazing and caramel is one of my favorites in any type of dessert. Add nuts to it and I am a happy camper. My favorite pie would probably be pumpkin although I love raisin pie. You never see that anymore but it was a pie made often in the midwest back in the 60s

    ReplyDelete
  22. That pie looks amazing! I am always looking for a new dessert for special occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks TASTY. Also, it looks pretty simple to cook. I showed my husband the picture, and he practically started drooling LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You had me at caramel. Ugh, that looks delicious and I want to bake it but I'm on a strict diet to lower my sugar. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I could bake it with sugar replacements? (Like Stevia, maybe?)

      Delete
  25. This looks soooo yummy! Thank you for linking up to Creative K Kid's Tasty Tuesdays. I have pinned your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...