Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Zucchini Meatloaf

Zucchini week continues with this amazingly delicious meatloaf that I spent 2 summers perfecting. Did you know that you can freeze zucchini? Simply shred it and stick it in a freezer bag for later. This recipe works great with the frozen stuff, though you do need to thaw it first.
This zucchini meatloaf recipe is delicious. It keeps it's loaf shape, but is extremely moist and easily eaten by even the littlest of meat eaters. (Wyatt was eating this before his first birthday). It's also healthy enough to please me, while still being traditional enough to please my husband (and have him tell me to make it more often). This meatloaf is easy to make and will have you anxiously awaiting dinner once the aroma fills the room about half way through it's cooking time.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb ground beef or turkey
2 eggs
3/4 C quick oats
3/4 C shredded zucchini
1/3 C* + 1/4 C ketchup, divided
8 tsp dried minced onion
4 tsp beef bouillon (4 cubes crushed)
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper




Preheat oven to 350 F
Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
Mix beef, eggs, oats, zucchini, 1/3C ketchup*, dried onion, bouillon, onion powder, and pepper together in a large bowl until well incorporated.
Pack the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Spread the remaining 1/4 C ketchup on top.
Bake for 1 hour** or until cooked through (may take an extra15-20 minutes).
Allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
Enjoy!


*the 1/3 ketchup in the meatloaf mixture can be substituted either partially or entirely for tomato sauce.
**if you need to speed things along a bit, bump up the temperature to 400 anytime after the 30 minute mark.


This recipe originally appeared on 8/21/13 @oneincomefamilyliving.blogspot.com. I wrote and transferred it here.

Don't forget to check back all week as I share more of my favorite zucchini recipes!

Do you freeze zucchini?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...