Saturday, August 16, 2014

Baked Ratatouille

 This is not a traditional ratatouille. I was inspired to make this from one of our family favorite movies, but it's really more of a cross between a vegetable tian and ratatouille. I go ahead and call it Ratatouille, because it looks like the dish from the movie and it's close enough.


Ingredients:
1-2 red skinned potatoes
1 medium eggplant, peeled
1 medium zucchini squash
1 medium yellow summer squash
2 C tomato based sauce (whatever your favorite is, but I usually go for one with peppers and garlic)
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 F
Thinly slice potato, eggplant, and zucchinis (you'll want approximately the same number of slices for each and they should be about the same thickness- a mandolin slicer works well for this)
Spread the sauce on the bottom of your baking dish.
Place alternating slices in baking dish, sprinkle with spices, and cover with parchment paper.
Bake 45- 60 minutes until potato slices are cooked through.
Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy!

Handy Hints:
This works best with long narrow vegetables, but, I make do with whatever is available.
To prevent browning, put the slices of potato and eggplant into a bowl of cold water until they go in the baking dish.

Have you been inspired to create something after watching a movie?

1 comment:

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...