Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cheesy Kielbasa, Zucchini, and Pasta Bake

This recipe is one of my favorites. I used to make it the complicated way of boiling the noodles first, but after rediscovering the beauty of no-boil pasta bakes, I revamped the recipe to make it that much easier. It's fairly forgiving and easily adjusted, so don't feel like you have to be exact with much of anything.
 For this recipe, you'll need:
1 jar pasta sauce with garlic, 1/2 bag/box big pasta, 1 C shredded Italian blend cheese (basic mozzarella is fine), 1 zucchini, 1/2 lb kielbasa, 1 carrot, 1 egg (optional), and 8-16 oz ricotta cheese.
 
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Spread an even layer of sauce (no more than 1/2 jar) on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. I prefer to use glass.
Layer pasta on top of sauce.
Slice and quarter zucchini, kielbasa, and carrot and layer them on top.
Mix egg into ricotta cheese and add dollops on top.
Pour remaining sauce over everything. Fill empty jar 1/3 way full with water and add that on top of sauce.
Use a spoon to slightly mix everything around without separating all of the ricotta.
Cover with foil and bake 35-40 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
Remove foil and add shredded cheese on top. Bake 5 minutes longer.
If it still appears watery, allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

Printer friendly version

Have you tried a no-boil pasta bake before? 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! This recipe sounds very tasty and looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Yuck Stops Here. Please come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stopping by to let you know that I will be featuring this yummy dish on The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party tomorrow as one of my favorites! I think this is such an awesome way to shake things up! Thank you so much for joining us this week and please stop by tomorrow to pick up your "I've Been Featured" button! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...