Monday, January 5, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: Full Menu: week of January 5, 2015

We are back to school this week. David starts his new school (the one we moved an hour away and gave away all of our animals for), Zeke and Quinn start at their new schools, and I am spending another semester online.
Last semester I ended up being too busy to post many recipes, so this week I am going to take the pictures for many of the recipes I'd like to share over the next couple months. If there's one you'd like to see sooner as opposed to later, let me know in the comments below.

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:
Snacks/desserts:
  • popcorn
  • fruit
  • vegetables w/ dip
What recipe are you excited to see?
this post is linked to orgjunkie.com 

3 comments:

  1. I was just reading your $50 grocery posts and I am curious when you buy your meat? I think I may have missed a post that explains how you do this. I love the meal planning your doing, it's very simple and very affordable. I am trying to cut back on our grocery bill so this is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't shop on $50 a week anymore. It takes closer to $100/week to meet all of our needs these days. I recently did a $300/4week project that you can find in the "$300 grocery experiment" -it sort of shows my process from the beginning. I recommend checking it out.
    To answer your question based on this week's menu, I had a whole chicken in my freezer that was on sale awhile ago. Last week, we had pizza sticks, so I bought pepperoni and there is enough left to use this week in our stromboli. I also bought meatballs on sale last week. This week I bought keilbasa, ground turkey, and bacon on a really good sale. I bought more than is needed this week (I'm not even using the bacon) so that I'll have it in the future. I also bought a turkey ham for the ham and cheese muffins. Depending on next week's sales, I probably won't buy much, if any meat.
    To answer the question in general terms, I buy meat in spurts. I am constantly looking for quality marked down meats to stash in the freezer, but I mostly stock up during sales. Some weeks we eat very little meat if the sales are slow and my freezer stash is low. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the exact same thing - buying meat in spurts when it goes on sale! This policy helps my budgeting tremendously!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...