Friday, January 23, 2015

Baked Oatmeal

We've been on a baked oatmeal kick around here. There's something about winter that makes me eager to start my day with some nice hot oatmeal. If you aren't so sure about eating oatmeal, try this recipe. This is the base recipe for the following variations: Nuts About Oatmeal Muffins, Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins, Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. I have been making this recipe for years now and have tweaked it a bit, but I originally found it on Mel's Kitchen Cafe.
Click here for a printable version.
 Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine 3 C oats, 1/2 C brown sugar, 1/2 C applesauce, 1 C milk, 2 beaten eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 T baking powder, and 1 tsp salt.
 Mix thoroughly.
 Add 1/2-1 C raisins or any other desired add-ins.
 Place in a baking dish and about 20-25 minutes, until top is lightly toasted and does not look wet. Slice like cake or scoop it out into a bowl and enjoy!

Click here for a printable version.

What's your favorite comfort breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...