Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins


 My kids love oatmeal muffins! I came up with this pumpkin version about 3 years ago and it has been a regular favorite at our house every fall since. We usually stick with the plain version instead of adding the craisins or chocolate, but I wanted to show you some fun variations. (yield: about 12)
Printer friendly version
 To get started you'll need to preheat your oven to 350 F, grease a muffin tin, grab a big mixing bowl, and add in all the ingredients.

For the plain version, you'll need:
1 1/2 C rolled oats and 1 1/2 C quick oats (or 3 cups of just one- I prefer the texture from including both)
1 C brown sugar (gently resting, not tightly packed)
1 C pumpkin puree
1 C milk
2 eggs
1/2 TBSP pumpkin pie spice (I make my own- it's loads cheaper)
1/2 TBSP baking powder,
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla.

Mix it all up and divide it amongst your prepared muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until completely cooked.
Enjoy!

Optional add ins(keep it between 1/2 and 1 C total):
chocolate chips
white chocolate
dried cranberries
pecans
Printer friendly version

This recipe originally appeared on 10/27/11 @ oneincomefamilyliving.blogspot.com. I wrote, revised, and transferred it here.

2 comments:

  1. They look great! How much brown sugar, though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies, I put it on the printer version, but forgot on this post. It's 1 C brown sugar.

      Delete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...