Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mini Pulled-Pork Taco Boats

This is such a fun way for the kids to get involved with dinner. I brought out a plate of the boats plus all of the ingredients, so everyone could make their own if they wanted. Zeke (5) had a great time assembling his little boats and ended up eating several.
Makes about 40 boats

1 C pulled pork
1 T taco sauce
1 tsp tajin
1/2 bag scoop tortilla chips
1 small handful leafy green, torn to bite size pieces
1/2 C shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 recipe pico de gallo

Mix together pork*, taco sauce, and tajin.
To assemble boats: place leafy greens in a tortilla chip, add a small scoop of pork mixture, top with a pinch of cheese and pico de gallo.
Enjoy!

*Shredded chicken or beef can be substituted.

12 comments:

  1. I love these. They are awesome to just pop in your mouth and go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I had to pin these. I do love pulled pork tacos, so these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I love foods you can just pop in your mouth! Since I don't eat pork I would have to use chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like pulled pork.. these look so good, they look like 1 biters.. so i can eat allot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love tacos and recipes that incorporate some of the same elements as tacos. I have not tried pulled pork on tacos before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can do a vegan taco boat. I can actually enroll my daughters because they love cooking now. I love your fun recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love puled pork but sometimes the serving is way too much for one person. Glad you shared this mini taco recipe. we can try next time

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pulled pork and I love tacos. This is one great combo. I really want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these look delicious and I love how tiny they are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good lord does this look yummy! I'm actually salivating while reading this! yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love tacos and pork so this sounds good, gonna try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, Anna. My kids love when they can assemble their own plates. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...