Sunday, June 15, 2014

101 Conversation Starters for Couples: a book review

I recently received a free copy of 101 Conversation Starters for Couples by Gary Chapman and Ramon Presson from Moody Publishers to review- all opinions are my own. I was rather curious to tryout this book with David and I'm glad I did.
This book is designed to be taken in small doses. The authors suggest 1-2 questions 3-4 times a week. If you don't keep this in mind, you could probably go through the whole book in one long evening.
Depending on how long you've been with your partner, you may already know some of the answers. I imagine this is good, but we already knew the answers to several questions.
There were a lot of questions that I would not have thought to ask and that probably never would've come up without the prompts. We had a lot of laughs and some very serious moments with the variety of questions asked.
Our favorite question was #37 "If you could hire Martha Stewart for a day, what would you have her do?"

David and I came to the conclusion that this book is best suited for couples that have difficulty talking or are still getting to know each other. However, there is definitely value in it for all couples.

Do you know a couple that would enjoy some fresh conversation starters? You can buy it through the publisher here.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds interesting! I like that it offers just a few per week so you're not overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty interesting. We love to come up with would you rather questions.. they can get pretty interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sounds like one interesting book. Never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing on this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...