Friday, February 13, 2015

Spinach and Black Bean Taquitos

I made these taquitos for my mom the other day and she was certainly skeptical when I told her what I was making. As she watched me make them, she still wasn't sure. When they came out of the oven, I gave her a small plate and she hesitantly took a bite. To my delight, she loved them and even had seconds. So if you're not sure about these, I dare you to give them a try, because they are healthy and delicious.
The instructions might seem intimidating, because you have to get out your food processor, but it's really very easy and from start to finish and only takes about 30 minutes (longer if you count oven preheating time.) Click here for printer friendly version.
 Preheat oven to 425 F. Process 1 (15 oz) can drained and rinsed black beans, 2 T salsa, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1 T lime juice until mostly smooth.
 Add 6 oz thawed and drained frozen chopped spinach to processor and pulse until incorporated
 Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in 1 C shredded Mexican blend cheese and 1/2 C frozen corn kernels until well incorporated.
 Roll 1/4 C mixture in an 8-in whole wheat tortilla and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture ending with 8 or 9 taquitos.
Spray the taquitos with a little oil and bake 20-25 minutes until lightly toasted. Enjoy!

Click here for a printer friendly version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...