Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Perfect Pantry: a cook book review

I received a copy of Geoffrey Zakarian's My Perfect Pantry from Blogging for Books for free to review and share.
I was so excited to get this book for review, but admittedly I was a little disappointed when I actually dove in. I expected to have a book with a bunch of recipes I could make with pretty much all the same ingredients. Instead, the pantry theme is just an organizational scheme. He gives three recipes that star each of his 50 pantry staples, but the other ingredients vary significantly.
Other than that, the recipes look good and I'd really love to try many of them. A lot of the recipes are a bit more expensive and/or a bit more foodie than my usual. Since my picky eaters are currently making great strides towards eating a more varied diet, I am saving these recipes for later. A lot of the other recipes I thought looked good, are just a variation on something I already make and love. Some of the recipes I'm looking forward to are: Smoky Black Bean Bisque, New England Clam Chowder, and Almond Crusted Pork Chops with Apples.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...