Friday, February 27, 2015

Easy Homestyle Donuts

A couple weeks ago, when I posted a picture of these donuts on instagram and my private facebook page, I got multiple requests for the recipe. So naturally, I made them again to share on here.
Unlike a lot of my recipes, these are nowhere near healthy, but healthy eating is all about balance and sometimes it's nice to have a treat.
 Start by heating your oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Prepare premade homestyle buttermilk biscuits, by cutting a hole in the middle- this is important to ensure the donut cooks through all the way. You'll need to be very careful with cooking if you don't add the hole.
 Your oil is the proper temperature when a drop of water causes a light sizzle. If it crackles and pops, turn the heat down and wait to add your donuts. Allow for plenty of space when adding the donuts.
 Allow dough to cook to a medium brown (about 1 minute), then turn to cook the other side (about 1 minute more).
 As your donut finishes, the bubbles will get slower, but won't completely stop.
When they are finished cooking, transfer them to a paper towel lined plate to cool for about 30 seconds.
After the donuts have cooled enough to handle, coat the donut in granulated sugar or whatever you prefer.
Enjoy (in moderation).

What's your favorite donut flavor and topping?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...