Monday, February 23, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: winter breakfasts

For this week's meal plan Monday I decided to share our breakfasts, because with all this snow many of us have been getting, cereal just doesn't cut it. I'm very fortunate to have time in the mornings to make breakfast, but I know not everyone does, so I've kept that in mind with this plan.
  • Whole Wheat Banana Muffins (these will take about 45 minutes when you factor in preheating the oven, but only about 10 minutes of active prep. Making them the night before could be helpful.)
  • Scrambled eggs and Toast
  • Classic Pancakes with fresh fruit (These pancakes are ready to cook in about 5 minutes, so the amount of time these take to finish depends on your skillet size.)
  • Homemade Instant Oatmeal (It has all the speed of instant oatmeal from a box, but much cheaper and usually healthier)
  • Baked Oatmeal (This oatmeal will take about 45 minutes once you factor in preheating the oven, but only about 5 minutes of active prep. If that doesn't work for your morning routine, you can make it the night before.)
  • French Toast with fruit, dusted with powdered sugar (Like the pancakes, the speed of these depend on the size of your griddle.)
  • Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (These cookies only take a couple minutes to throw together and only take 15 minutes to bake, so they should be ready to eat in about a half hour. I'll be using almond milk instead of coconut milk, because that's what I have, but you can also use cow's milk)
If you're looking for more breakfast ideas, check out my pinterest board.

What's your favorite warm and cozy breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...