Friday, February 6, 2015

Classic Pancakes

My kids love pancakes! They will eat just about any pancake I throw in front of them. I, on the other hand am a little more picky. I have this theory that a great pancake doesn't need syrup. I have also been convinced for quite some time that a great pancake recipe can use either refined flour or whole wheat flour. This recipe does just that. We have enjoyed it numerous ways, I prefer the whole wheat or at least a mix, but admittedly David still prefers the refined flour. He douses it in syrup anyway, so who cares what he thinks, right? ...Actually I do, so that's why I compromised and am sharing this recipe with half of each.
 This recipe yields about 24 medium pancakes. Click here for the printer friendly version.
 Melt 6 T butter and whisk together with 3 C milk and 2 eggs.
If you don't whisk the ingredients fast enough, you might get little clumps of butter that are solidified after touching the cold milk. This isn't a big deal.
 Whisk together 1 1/2 C each whole white wheat and all-purpose flours, 7 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp salt, and 2 T sugar.
 Whisk together the wet and dry mixes until incorporated and the batter begins to bubble (it won't take long). Allow batter to rest while you preheat your griddle.
 Grease the griddle and pour about 1/4 C batter onto the preheated griddle. Allow to set until edges are slightly firm and the centers have bubbles. (The above pancakes are all ready to flip.)
 Enjoy!
Click here for the printer friendly version.

How do you like to top your pancakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...