Saturday, June 14, 2014

Strawberry Salad with Apple Basalmic Vinaigrette

It's strawberry season around here, so that means not only are they tastier, but they are cheaper too! My kids and I absolutely love this time of year. Most of the time we just eat the berries as is or with some whipped cream, but this simple salad is a great way to enjoy them too.
This vinaigrette is pretty strong on its own, but it totally works in this salad. I wanted to make a vinaigrette that I could make anytime, from pantry staples, without a bunch of extra sugar. I hope you like the result as well as I do.
Serves 4

For the Vinaigrette:
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T basalmic vinegar
1/4 C apple juice
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 pinch (about 1/16 tsp) kosher salt
1 pinch (about 1/16 tsp) onion powder
2 turns of a pepper shaker

For the Salad:
4 cooked chicken tenders, sliced
4 handfuls Mixed Baby Greens
1 lb Strawberries, cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 C red onion, cut into bite-size pieces
2 T honey roasted sliced almonds (or sunflower seeds)

To make the vinaigrette:
Whisk all ingredients together.

To make the salad:
Toss all ingredients together with 1/3 C vinaigrette.
Divide between 4 plates.
Drizzle with more vinaigrette if desired.
Serve and enjoy!


What's your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?

10 comments:

  1. This sounds very good and perfect for the summer! Can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful. I am so loving your recipes! Yummmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds and looks so good!! I think we may make it soon for a dinner! I love salads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love strawberry salads! I can't wait to try your version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love strawberries! My favorite way to eat them is on a cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks really good. Thank you for shaing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had strawberries in a salad before, but I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds really good and I've beeb looking for great hot weather recipes too! Hate turning on the oven in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks sooo good! I love salads... I wish the family wouldnt mind eating one every day lol. I will have to try this one though.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...