Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cheerio Treats

These treats were a huge hit on the old blog and for good reason: they are cute, easy, and delicious. They are not the healthiest treat, so we eat them very sparingly. The first time I ever made these, my kids went nuts. Zeke (2 at the time) stood next to them pointing and rapidly babbling and smiling while Quinn (back then, 1) stood on tippy toes trying her hardest to reach the treats. It really was adorable.
This recipe comes in around $3.50 (give or take depending on sales) and makes about 36 heaping tablespoon sized snacks. That's roughly $.10 per treat!
 Ingredients:
1 C sugar
1 C corn syrup
1 C creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
5 C cheerios (we prefer the multigrain in the purple box)

In a large pot, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
Gently stir in cheerios to coat with syrup.
Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture unto wax paper laid out on a large flat surface.
Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy!

This post was originally published on 11/30/11 @ oneincomefamilyliving.blogspot.com. I wrote, revised, and moved it here.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how yummy are these! My daughter would jump for joy if I made these for her. Perfect after school treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and easy to make snack! my kids and I like cheerios..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun, but I wonder if there is anything to use to hold them together besides corn syrup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'll do a little experimenting and get back to you.

      Delete
  5. This looks yummy. My kids love cheerios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. I would try these with the peanut butter for protein? lol I always look at the positives when it comes to food

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really delicious and the best part it looks simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative and easy to make. I bet we could add fruit to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmm, I have a bad case of the 8pm munchies right now... i need a few of these I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those would be a big hit at my house. I know that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was intrigued by your picture saying "no-bake" because I didn't know how to make them without putting them in the oven. This'll be a cute alternative for a "splurge" snack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This would be a great twist to Cheerios! I love easy snacks like this since we have four little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These treats look so good. I should make some of these for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make these for my girls too! some with almond butter for my peanut allergic twincess. Thank you for linking up to Creative K Kid's Tasty Tuesdays. I have pinned your post (or recipe) to the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest Board

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...