Monday, November 17, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: week 3 of $300 grocery experiment

One trick to keeping a grocery budget low is planning ahead. As you probably know, Thanksgiving is next week. If you're buying a frozen turkey, you'll want to start thawing it no later than next Monday. I don't like to cut it that close or chance not being able to find the right size turkey, so I'm buying it this week. Now technically, I'm not in charge of the turkey for thanksgiving dinner, but many people are, so I thought it best to budget for it to show that you can even stick to a budget with the holidays. I am not actually going to buy the turkey, but I will pick one out at the grocery store and take a picture of it to report on this week's financial recap.
If you're just joining, check out my experiment explanation here.
Also check out the meal plan for week 1 here and week 2 here.

It snowed last night and school is cancelled today, so part of this week's plan reflects a winter theme. The other portion of this week's plan is based upon a request from some dinner guests we'll be having this week.


On the menu this week:

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed following your progress with this project. It's particularly difficult for me to stay on budget during the holidays. I popped over from Organizing Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting. I am working on putting us on a really tight budget to start saving money that we need to use, or want to use, else where. Oh how I wish I could get my family to eat turkey. Win Co marked there turkey down to .38 a pound, and most of them were already thawed. I did talk hubby in to smoking one and we will eat one meal from it and then I plan on putting the rest of the meat in the freezer. Good thing, he will think it is chicken when I am done with it. There are just two of us eating on it, it is a 15 pound turkey, so think there will be a lot left over.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...