Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes

I love this time of year. The weather allows me to wear pretty much whatever I want, the changing of the leaves is gorgeous, and pumpkin rules the kitchen.
These are easy, delicious, and mostly nutritious, so I like to make these at least once a week for all of October and November.

For a printer friendly version, click here.

 Begin by whisking your dry ingredients together. (2C flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp soda, 1 T cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt)
 Mix your wet ingredients in a separate bowl (1 & 1/3 C pumpkin, 3 T brown sugar, 2 C milk, 1 egg, and 2 T oil). A note on the milk: I've used several varieties of dairy and dairy free milks in this recipe and they all taste great.
 Fold wet and dry ingredients together and allow to rest while you preheat the skillet to 350 F, medium, or whatever setting works best for pancakes at your house.
 Place a scoop of batter on your skillet and allow to cook until edges are set and air bubbles appear on the surface, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and allow to finish cooking another 2-3 minutes.

Enjoy!

Printer Friendly Version

Variation: sprinkle some mini chocolate chips into the batter and top with some chocolate sauce  and whipped cream for a yummy desert.

When do you prefer to eat pumpkin pancakes?

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious as well as healthy. But I think I will keep that last part a secret when I make them for my family. Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...