Monday, July 7, 2014

Pizza Sticks

My family loves pizza. David would probably eat pizza every day if I didn't object. You can thank him for this recipe.
Serves 4

1 baguette
16 slices pepperoni (deli style)
8 slices provolone cheese (or mozzarella)
4 T pizza sauce + more for for serving.

Preheat oven to 400 F
Cut baguette into four equal sections. Hollow out the center of each section.
Lay 4 pieces of pepperoni in an overlapping row.
Place 2 slices provolone on top of pepperoni.
Spread 1 T sauce lengthwise across the cheese.
Roll tightly and stuff into cavity of baguette.
Bake on baking sheet about 10 minutes until cheese has melted and the stick is heated through.
Serve sliced or in stick form with a side of sauce and enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. What a fun twist on literally my favorite food in the entire world! I need to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant way to make pizza. :) Pinning this so I can try it with my kids later

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter loooves pizza - especially Canadian Bacon + Pineapple. I'll have to make this for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my Dad always says the simple recipes are the best. After seeing this one, I'll have to agree. This will be dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! Thank you. This would make a wonderful lunch for both my big and little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an easy week day meal idea. Quick, and easy to tweak.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also eat pizza every day if I could! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! That looks so good and I am hungry for pizza now. I love that it is easy to make too. I guess you could also do this with a store bought pizza dough. We love pizza in this house too and I do make our own pizza too. They are just so good! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so simple it isn't funny...I Pinned this for later because I am definitely trying this recipe out. OOoo - and I might make a white sauce one with spinach, tomato, and feta cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think your idea would be perfect for spinach leftovers!

      Delete
  10. We've tried something similar. Hubby thought it was a bit bready so now we do something else with fresh pizza dough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks David! We are pizza freaks here also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool idea. Thank you for linking up to Creative K Kid's Tasty Tuesdays. I have pinned your post (or recipe) to the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest Board

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness. Those look so amazing! Amber N

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...