Thursday, September 25, 2014

Firehouse Spinach Meatloaf

David was at our local Station 1 Firehouse shortly before dinner one day and they were making spinach meatloaf. He came home excited and wanted me to recreate it, so on my second attempt I came up with this recipe.
You'll need: ground turkey (or beef), spinach, diced onion, grated Parmesan, oats, eggs, and garlic.
Blend everything except the meat until mostly smooth.
Add meat and blend some more. You'll need a 9 cup or larger blender or you'll want to separate into smaller batches.
Bake for an hour and a half at 350 F and don't be surprised when it comes out looking kind of ugly. It tastes much better than it looks. Ketchup isn't required, but does compliment it nicely when serving.
Click here for the printer friendly version.

How do you eat your spinach?

2 comments:

  1. We love spinach in our food! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry-- I have pinned so much today, I was on auto-pilot! Thanks for linking up to the Tasty Tuesdays party, and I pinned your post to the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...