Monday, December 8, 2014

Carmelized Brussel Sprouts

This is my hands-down favorite way to prepare and eat brussel sprouts. This method is quick, easy, and is enjoyed by everyone I've made them for.
You'll need:
1 1/2 lb brussel sprouts
3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp sugar

Preheat oven with baking sheet on bottom rack to 500 F
Meanwhile trim the bottoms of each sprout and remove any undesirable leaves, then cut in half.
Drizzle sprouts with oil in a large bowl, then toss to evenly coat.
Sprinkle with salt and sugar and toss gently to combine.
Transfer sprouts to preheated baking sheet and spread evenly. For best results, turn sprouts flat side down.
Roast in oven til browned and tender about 12 minutes, turning halfway for even browning.

Serve and enjoy immediately (they cool down quickly).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...