Friday, May 27, 2016

Free Roll and Read Beginner Word Family Worksheets

I have two kids working on word families right now and after scouring the internet for resources to help them practice in a game-like setting, I ended up just making my own. I've had to divide them into smaller files to offer for free on Teachers Pay Teachers, so I currently have two options featuring beginner word family fluency sheets for free. I also have my entire collection of 30 word families available in one easy download for $1.

These word family sheets are great for some aspects of speech therapy as well. Quinn (5) has a range of speech delays including some beginning and final sound deletions and these worksheets are great practice for her.

I made these without pictures, but there is enough space that your kids can have fun drawing a picture or two to go with the group of words.

To play, have your child roll a die and read the words in the line with the same number. Repeat as many or as few times as your child wants. We do a minimum of three rolls, but probably average five.

I am a fan of keeping these sorts of activities in page protectors in binders with other activities that work on similar skills. I keep all of my short vowel words together, because it makes it so much easier to work on the skills, because I can always flip over to one more activity if they need the work and attentions can handle it.

Click here for the beginner a,e, and i word family sheets.
Click here for the beginner o ad u word family sheets.




These are the items I use with these worksheets.



What's your favorite way to practice word families?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...