Friday, April 29, 2016

Freebies we've used this week: 4/29/16

The other day I started writing this totally great blog post about some of my favorite free resources around the web, but then it occurred to me how much better it would be to show you all the great stuff I'm finding instead of just the treasure troves. So from now on, if I use any freebies, I'll share them here and let you know what I thought.

I'm currently teaching Quinn (5) to read using This Reading Mama's Reading the Alphabet program. We work entirely at her pace, but she is extremely motivated and wants to practice several times a day. We worked through lesson 20 (the -ot family), lesson 21 (Qq), and lesson 22 (Jj) this week. To accommodate her rapid pace, we skip part of the activities. Quinn always uses the books, rhyming words, sight word activities, and syllable count.




Zeke and I are reviewing some word families right now, so I found these free readers from This Reading Mama. I printed the readers in black and white on regular paper and they are still cute. The freebies also include three extra pages of coordinating activities. I printed them all off, because I'll use them with Quinn soon.

Zeke is working on blends with his speech therapist, so I pulled out these blend cards from The Measured Mom. I like that they force the child to isolate and really think about the blend sound. The cards come in color, but I printed them in black and white to save on ink. Sometimes, I go through all of the cards and other times, I only grab 10 or so.


What freebies have you used or discovered this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I read each and every single one, so feel free to answer my comment prompts or tell me whatever you're thinking. If there's something you especially enjoy and want to see more of, let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...